Health Care Pioneers, Inc. (dba VivaRx Pharmacy) in Rancho Mirage, CA is hiring Pharmacists-In-Charge to dispense prescription drugs, provide information to patients, and to assess the identity, strength and purity of medications.
Individuals will use standard occupational tools, skills and knowledge to perform the following duties:
- Review prescriptions to assure accuracy, to ascertain the needed ingredients, and to evaluate their suitability.
- Compound and dispense medications as prescribed by doctors and dentists, by calculating, weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, or oversee these activities.
- Provide information and advice regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage and proper medication storage.
- Analyze prescribing trends to monitor patient compliance and to prevent excessive usage or harmful interactions.
- Order and purchase pharmaceutical supplies, medical supplies, and drugs; maintaining stock and storing and handling it properly.
- Maintain records, such as pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files, inventories, and registries of narcotics, and controlled drugs.
- Provide specialized services to help patients manage conditions such as diabetes, asthma, smoking cessation, or high blood pressure.
- Advise customers on the selection of medication brands, medical equipment and health-care supplies.
- Collaborate with other health care professionals to plan, monitor, review, and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of drugs and drug regimens; providing advice on drug applications and characteristics.
- Offer health promotion and prevention activities, for example, train people to use devices such as blood pressure or diabetes monitors.
- Refer patients to other health professionals and agencies when appropriate.
- Plan, implement, and maintain procedures for mixing, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals, according to policy and legal requirements, to ensure quality, security, and proper disposal.
Position supervises the work of 3 individuals, including Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians.
Position does not involve management decisions and has no authority to make decisions regarding schedules, compensation, hiring, termination or discipline.
Education: Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D)
License/Certification: Valid CA state pharmacist license. (Licensure reciprocity accepted.)
Experience: 3 years of progressively responsible and related experience providing the required skills and abilities.
Skills: Qualified applicants must have demonstrable proficiency, knowledge and experience with the following:
- Overseeing and coordinating specialty pharmacy services for complex disease states such as HIV and Heart failure.
- Patient records database/software such as pioneer rx software, Dispill RX, SCRIPT PRO AUTOMATION, and Parata Pass automation
- Medication therapy management
- Medication synchronization process
- Community clinic participation
- Medicare benefits
Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable. The term suitable, in this context, means substantial compatibility with stated academic level and job experience requirements and ability to perform job duties.
- Job Site: 72780 Country Club Dr., Suite 403, Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
- Travel < 5%, domestic. No telecommuting.
- Send resumes to: ATTN: HR, Healthcare Pioneers, Inc. dba VivaRx Pharmacy, 72780 Country Club Dr., Suite 403, Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
- No calls or emails. EOE.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.